1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz each), pounded
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, cilantro, garlic, chili pepper, oregano, salt and black pepper. Set aside at room temperature for 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat a grill to 425° over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, salt and black pepper.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri sauce. Rub the chicken evenly with cumin mixture.
- Grill the chicken until it registers 165° on a meat thermometer, about 4 minutes per side. Serve the chicken topped with the remaining chimichurri sauce.
Serving size: 4 oz chicken
Calories: 236 Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 223mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Protein: 26g
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: June 5, 2020
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD