Transferring Your Patients to Sarasota Memorial
Your referrals are important to us! Sarasota Memorial’s Transfer Center helps ensure that admitting patients to our hospital is an easy, fast and convenient process.
To initiate a transfer, call (941) 917-3900, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The center’s specially trained clinicians will help get your patients to Sarasota Memorial quickly and efficiently. Staff will:
• expedite physician-to-physician consults
• assist with transportation
• promptly place patients on the appropriate specialty care unit via real-time monitoring of available beds
• facilitate transfer of clinical documentation
• notify the sending hospital of the patient’s safe arrival and placement
Transfer procedure for referring physicians and hospitals:
• Call the Sarasota Memorial Transfer Center at (941) 917-3900.
• Provide the patient's demographic information, condition, referring physician name and hospital.
• If you do not have access to Sarasota Memorial’s electronic medical records system, please prepare copies of the patient’s chart and relevant diagnostic tests (lab work, imaging scans, etc.) Send information with the patient or fax to (941) 917-2580.