Need a Doctor? Nearest ER? SMH Has an Updated App for That – with New & Useful Features!
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System comprises more than 900 doctors, 50-plus medical specialties, six urgent care centers, five healthcare centers, two emergency-care centers, an inpatient/outpatient Rehabilitation Pavilion, a community health clinic, a Level II trauma center, a Level III NICU, and a medically integrated fitness center. Because we know that navigating such a large health system can be daunting, we offer the SMH App.
The free, iOS/Android-capable SMH App features a simple and intuitive action menu, interactive location maps, and a dynamic directory to help users find Sarasota Memorial’s doctors, services, facilities, and other useful resources. Users can quickly direct-call the hospital, doctors, or outpatient centers with a few screen taps, rather than having to search the Web for the right number. You can even check the status of a surgical procedure with the app using patient’s case ID number.
Introducing the newest addition to our app - the Symptom Checker! Use this feature to help you decide where you should go for medical care - whether it’s to stay at home, visit an urgent care or the ER. Answer a few questions and you’ll be on your way to feeling better.
The app gives patients and visitors fast, easy access to the who-what-when-where-how of all things Sarasota Memorial.
SMH App Features
- Who— “Find a Doctor” by name, specialty, geographic location or keyword. The SMH physician directory includes useful information like directions, hours of operation, and contact options. Users can even store selected physicians as “favorites” for quick look-up later.
- What— Choose “Our Services” for an itemized list of SMH’s service lines like Labor and Delivery, Heart and Vascular Services, Pain Management, and Laboratory Services. The services guide includes information on SMH’s many healthcare options and programs.
- When— Use our symptom checker to help you decide where you should go for medical care - whether it's to stay at home, visit an urgent car or the ER.
- Where— Find the closest SMH urgent care center, emergency room, or any other Sarasota Memorial location, based on your device’s GPS location and the app’s geo-locating capabilities. App users also will get helpful, automatic navigation notifications—denoting important landmarks like main entrances, parking garages, the cafeteria, and the gift shop— when you’re on the campus, at one of our urgent care centers, or the SMH Health Care Center at Clark Road / HealthFit.
- How— Find out how your loved one’s surgical procedure is progressing by using “Surgery Status”. Simply enter in the case ID number (usually a six-digit code found in the perioperative packet) and tap “Check Status”.
Download the SMH App
Use the buttons below to download the free iPhone or Android version of the SMH App, or search for “Sarasota Memorial Hospital app” in the iTunes or Google Play stores.
Note: There is no capturing of any data from your device, and you are in complete control of the app’s notifications. If you prefer to disable notifications—and simply use the SMH App to find our doctors, ERs, urgent care centers, services, and other links—follow these platform-specific instructions:
iPhone users / Android users