Sarasota Memorial Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
5640 Rand Blvd., Sarasota, FL 34238
Whether a resident comes for a short stay or to make a new home, the Sarasota Memorial Nursing and Rehabilitation Center offers all the comforts and amenities of home, coupled with high-quality, around-the-clock patient care, and nationally recognized skilled nursing and rehabilitation programs.
The 120-bed facility, with a 12-bed respiratory unit and state-of-the-art equipment, is ranked among the best nursing homes in the nation. It is one of only a few in the US — and the only one in our area — with a specialized unit dedicated to residents who need 24/7 respiratory therapy, including those with ventilators and tracheostomies. Our comprehensive slate of inpatient services ranges from post-acute medical care to short- and long-term rehabilitation and continued skilled nursing care.
Our Programs & Services
Treatment plans are customized to best suit each resident’s health needs and rehabilitation goals, and regular conferences with patients and families enable their active involvement in care plan development.
Visitors are welcome at the Sarasota Memorial Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Upon arrival, visitors will be expected to follow the core principals of infection control. Please call 941-917-4950 for details.
If you are experiencing symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19, we ask that you please postpone your visit for the safety of our residents and team members.
Available services and programs include:
- Short-term and Long-term Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Daily Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- 24-hour Nursing Care
- Respiratory Therapies and Pulmonary Conditioning
- Tracheotomy Care, Training and Weaning
- High Flow O2 and Weaning
- Respiratory Disease Management (COPD, CHF)
- Specialty Medical Care, including Infectious Disease, Pulmonology, Geriatric, Internal Medicine, Psychiatry and Wound Care
- Therapy for dysphagia/swallowing dysfunction
- IV Therapies
- Post-operative care
- Nutritional services
- Hospice Care
- Admission and Discharge Planning
- Patient Home Assessments and Community Service Referrals
The Nursing and Rehab Center is designed for residents’ comfort and privacy. It features:
- Attractive private and semi-private rooms
- Private bathrooms with shower in all resident rooms
- Private rooms include a television and telephone
- Dining area, covered patios, fountain area and a beautiful lakeside gazebo
- A full schedule of activities and social events
Why Choose Sarasota Memorial?
The only local facility to earn the Governor’s Gold Seal Award, the Nursing and Rehab Center is a standout in our region.
Admissions & Referrals
Admissions are conveniently made 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For admissions and referrals; help with financial forms; and questions regarding insurance and payment plans, please call 941-917-4950.
Click here to read Sarasota Memorial Nursing and Rehabilitation Center's Nondiscrimination Statement.
Have you recently visited the Sarasota Memorial Nursing and Rehabilitation Center? If you want us to leave a review on Google, we would like to hear your feedback!