Orthopedic Services: Spine Care & Joint Replacement & Revisions
Whether your joint, spine or other orthopedic problems stem from trauma, injury, illness or aging, Sarasota Memorial’s comprehensive Orthopedic Services program aims to get you back to living a pain free, active life.
Sarasota Memorial offers the latest diagnostics for spine and joint problems, as well as pre-habilitation, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, pain management, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, home health care, and medically integrated performance and wellness classes.
Want to learn more about our Joint Replacement and Joint Revision services?
Patients benefit from the Sarasota Memorial Joint Replacement Center's team-based approach and the continuity of care they can expect from a healthcare system with the region's greatest depth and breadth of care. Our team of Orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, Pain Management specialists, case managers and care navigator work together and with each patient to ensure the best, customized care.
Consistently recognized for excellence in joint and spine care, Sarasota Memorial is among the top 10 hospitals for hip/knee surgery in Florida and among the top 100 in the nation for demonstrating the lowest complication rates in Medicare patients. (Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Hospital Compare, 2019)
Located in SMH’s Courtyard Tower, the 36-bed dedicated orthopedic unit offers spacious private suites, with a view of the city and Sarasota Bay, along with many of the comforts of home, including flat-screen TVs, free wireless Internet and a private alcove for overnight guests.
Request an Appointment or Referral
For a referral to one of Sarasota Memorial's Orthopedic surgeons, please call our HealthLine at 941-917-7777. For non-urgent questions, please call our Orthopedic nurse navigator at 941-917-4047 or email email@example.com.
Conditions We Treat
Sarasota Memorial’s Orthopedic specialists evaluate and treat a wide range of injuries and disorders, from common arthritis to complex spinal-cord injuries. These include:
- ACL injury
- Broken and fractured bones
- Hip fracture
- Hip pain, injury or disorder requiring hip replacement
- Knee pain, injury or disorder requiring knee replacement
- Meniscal tears
- Orthopedic oncology
- Shoulder pain, injury or disorder requiring shoulder replacement
- Spinal injury
- Spinal stenosis
- Trochanteric bursitis
Orthopedic Services at SMH
Services and treatments include:
Orthopedics Care Team
Led by Medical Director for Sarasota Campus and Orthopedic Surgeon Edward Stolarksi, MD, the multidisciplinary team includes surgeons nationally recognized for their expertise in joint replacements, complex joint revisions and minimally invasive surgeries for hips, knees, spines, shoulders and other joints. The team is among the most experienced in Florida, collectively performing more than 4,500 procedures and providing specialized rehabilitation to more than 10,000 people each year.
Why Choose SMH?
- Sarasota Memorial is one of the top 10 hospitals for hip/knee surgery in Florida and among the top 75 in the nation for demonstrating the lowest (best) complication rates in Medicare patients, as reported by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) in its latest Hospital Compare website update.
- SMH is the only hospital in Florida to have consistently earned the federal CMS's highest five-star rating for overall quality and safety since the rating system launched in 2016.
- Sarasota Memorial was spotlighted as a "high performer" in 13 procedures and conditions, including hip replacement and knee replacements in U.S. News' 2023-2024 “50 Best Hospitals” report.
- SMH was named one of the "World's Best Hospitals" in a 2023 global ranking of hospitals compiled by Newsweek magazine, in collaboration with global market research and consumer data company Statista Inc. SMH is the only hospital in southwest Florida ever to make the list.
- Sarasota Memorial was named among the 100 Top Hospitals in the US by Fortune/Merative (2022). Our superior patient outcomes and quality rankings consistently place us among America’s best hospitals.
- SMH received the Advanced Hip and Knee Replacement Certification by DNV Healthcare, one of the nation's leading hospital accreditation organizations.
- SMH nurses maintain Magnet Recognition, the nation's highest honor for excellence in nursing.