Accommodations and Amenities
We base patient room assignments on availability and patient needs. We try to provide the accommodations you and your physician request. If we were unable to fill your request at the time of admission, or if you would like to transfer to another room, please tell your health care team member and we will make arrangements to honor your request. We admit patients, assign accommodations and provide treatment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, disability or religion.
• Patient beds – Our electric beds have push buttons on the side rails to regulate bed height, and raise and lower your head and knees. You may call your healthcare team member by pushing the button on your side rails or by pulling the call cord in your bathroom or shower. Other buttons on the side rails control lighting over your bed. Your health care team member will be happy to demonstrate their use. Call buttons for special needs are available.
• Telephones – Most patient rooms have telephones in the side rail of your bed.Local calls are free. For an outside line, dial 9 and the number. To place long-distance calls, you can call collect, use a credit card or have the charges billed to your home by dialing 9 and 00. Each patient room has a phone number that can be dialed directly from an outside phone. Your phone number is listed on your white board. You may block calls from coming to your phone by entering *6. You can still call out with this feature activated. To cancel this feature, enter #6. TDD amplified handsets are also available. Ask your health care team member for assistance. A phone for the deaf can also be installed by request. Arrangements can be made for a language line to assist our patients who do not speak English.We can also make interpreters available for almost any language.
• Personal belongings – There is a lot of activity in the hospital, so we recommend keeping personal items and valuables at home. If this isn’t possible,we have a safe available in the Cashier’s Office. Personal items kept at the bedside, such as dentures, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids and other devices such as canes and walkers are each patient’s responsibility. Be sure to label personal items with your name. For items that have been lost or found during your stay, call our information line at 941-917-4373.
• Notary service – These services are available through www.selllocal.com/site/TAGSPIGroup.
• Medications – Walgreens Offers Bedside Delivery! Sarasota Memorial and Walgreens Pharmacy have teamed up to provide a service that eases the transition from hospital to home: bedside delivery of a patient's prescription medications. Patients can have their prescriptions filled and delivered directly to their hospital room prior to being discharged, eliminating a tedious extra stop between hospital and home. Simply fill out a request from and the patients' nurse will fax it to the pharmacy, along with the prescriptions. Walgreens handles any necessary insurance authorizations, then fills and delivers the order directly to the patient or nursing unit. If you have any questions, please call Walgreens at Waldemere Medical Plaza at 941-955-6012.