Cancer Clinical Trials
Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Cancer Research department gives patients access to the latest global innovations in cancer research, with the benefit of being treated in their own community. Our local clinical trials are part of large-scale research studies that involve thousands of other patients in research centers across the nation.
Our certified Cancer Research staff is specially trained to deliver safe patient care while educating and supporting their clinical-trial patients. Sarasota Memorial’s Institutional Review Board and the U.S. National Institutes of Health review all clinical trials to ensure safe and ethical research standards are followed.
To learn more about Sarasota Memorial’s current cancer clinical trials, please call 941-917-8790 or email Tamela-Fonseca@smh.com.
The Sarasota Memorial Institute for Cancer Care's Research Department received commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
in its most recent report.
Clinical Trial Types
- Pharmaceutical (treatment)
- Biologic (tissue, blood, genetic and vaccines)
- Quality of life / Supportive care
Benefits of Participating in SMH Clinical Trials
- You get to play an active role in healthcare.
- You can gain access to new cancer treatments before they are available.
- You can help others by contributing to cancer research.