Sarasota Memorial Heart Failure Program
With more than 50 cardiologists on staff, Sarasota Memorial Hospital (SMH) offers patients the region’s most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services. But what does that mean for our patients with heart failure?
It means care at SMH will exceed your expectations.
What You Can Expect
- Top-notch healthcare from a veteran team of medical providers with decades of experience in treating heart disorders and chronic conditions like congestive heart failure
- The latest diagnostic and treatment options
- Conveniently located outpatient disease-management clinics
- Ongoing education and support for patients and their families to better manage changes in diet, medications and other factors that can affect heart health
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs that will improve your quality of life
- A roster of prevention and lifestyle programs with something to suit every patient
Heart & Vascular Services
1540 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Blackburn Point
929 S. Tamiami Trail,
Osprey, FL 34229
Heart Failure Center
The goal of Sarasota Memorial’s outpatient Heart Failure Center is to optimize patients’ cardiovascular health so that they can get back to enjoying life. We welcome patients at any stage of heart failure, and give them the tools and support they need to manage the condition. We work with each patient and their physicians to create a customized care strategy that includes outpatient clinic visits, symptom and weight tracking by phone, expert medication regimens, and activity and dietary action plans.
Outpatient services include:
- 24/7 access to an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Patient and family education on disease, disease management and diet
- Assessment of daily-living capabilities
- Custom diet plans and support to help patients stick to them
- Pacemaker monitoring and optimization
- A fully accredited, award-winning program
Medicare and most insurance plans cover services at the Heart Failure Center; a physician referral is required for participation. For more information on the Heart Failure Center, call 941-917-7867 (PUMP).
Honors & Awards
With a patient-centered approach, Sarasota Memorial’s Heart Failure program continually strives for excellence—so patients can be assured that they are getting better with the best. The SMH Heart Failure program is fully accredited as an Advanced Heart Failure Facility
by The Joint Commission. The program also has earned the American Heart Association’s “Target: Heart Failure Gold Plus
” award, and the heart-failure care team was honored with the Beacon Award for Nursing Excellence
in acute cardiac patient care.