Neurological Care and Surgery
The Sarasota Memorial Neuroscience Center of Excellence brings together a unique team of specialists and sub-specialists to evaluate and provide the most effective care for patients affected by stroke and other neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles.
The multi-disciplinary team benefits from the combined, in-depth expertise of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat specialists), endocrinologists, radiation oncologists, physiatrists, intensive care specialists, emergency medicine physicians, specialists in geriatric and psychiatric medicine, experienced nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and neuro-rehabilitation specialists.
Would you like to know more about our Neuroscience Center?
The team works collaboratively to provide the most advanced and effective treatment options for:
- Alzheimer’s disease & dementia
- Autoimmune disorders, including multiple sclerosis and Guillain-Barré syndrome
- Brain aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Brain & spinal cord injuries
- Brain & spinal cord tumors
- Dizziness / vestibular disorders
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Headaches / migraines
- Memory disorders and mild cognitive impairment
- Neuromuscular disorders, muscular dystrophy, ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease
- Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders (including Parkinson’s Rehab needs)
- Peripheral nerve disorders, neuropathy
- Pituitary disorders
- Spine disorders
- Stroke and cerebral hemorrhage
Neurospecialty Clinics & Programs
Many people with progressive neurologic disorders benefit from a multidisciplinary evaluation and collaborative care. Sarasota Memorial’s Neuro Specialty Clinics and programs use a team-based approach to assessing individual patients and monitoring a patient's treatment and progress.
Our neurosurgeons offer a full range of surgical services and procedures for the brain and spine, including minimally invasive techniques and traditional open surgeries to correct spine defects, fractures, herniated disks and nerve compression; remove brain tumors; relieve cranial pressure; treat traumatic brain injury; and correct malformations of blood vessels. Our team employs advanced image-guided techniques in the operating room, including real-time brain mapping, intraoperative electrophysiologic testing and intraoperative angiography.
Specialized treatments include:
Information & Referrals
Call 941-917-7777 or toll-free 800-764-8255, ext. 7777, or search our online physician directory.