Become a Volunteer at Sarasota Memorial
By volunteering at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, you can make a difference in our community.
Our volunteers are special people who provide comfort and assistance to patients, their families, visitors and our staff. We appreciate the dedicated, compassionate and conscientious service they provide.
More than 80 volunteer services support the hospital. No matter what your skills or special talents, or if you'd like to learn something new, there is a volunteer opportunity to suit your interests.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Commitment to one 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 consecutive months
- Must be able to accumulate at least 100 hours over the course of a year
- A sincere interest in helping other in a caring, compassionate and dedicated manner
Become a Volunteer today!
- Step One: Complete the volunteer application form
- Step Two: Submit 2 Reference Forms - Reference #1, Reference #2. Please note, applications are not processed until all 3 forms are received.
- Step Three: Our Volunteer Services Team will contact you to schedule an interview and discuss available volunteer opportunities.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we are not able to accept every applicant placment request. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Tuberculosis Screening (2 step Mantoux)
- Flu vaccination required during flu season
- Attend a hospital orientation session
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete on the job training in assigned position
- Purchase of required SMH Volunteer Services uniform top
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering at SMH! If you have questions or need any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-917-1008.