Structural Heart Services
Sarasota Memorial’s Structural Heart team, including our outpatient valve clinic, manages the care of people with a wide range of complex heart and vascular conditions affecting the heart's valves, wall or chambers.
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral valve disease, including mitral regurgitation and mitral stenosis
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Pulmonary stenosis
- AFib (atrial fibrillation)
The Valve Clinic team provides the following services:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). SMH was the first hospital in Southwest Florida to earn TAVR Certifcation from the American College of Cardiology.
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement (TMVR).
- Transcatheter Edge to Edge Repair (TEER) of mitral valve for mitral regurgitation.
- Aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasty
- Prosthetic paravalvular repair
- ASD/PFO closure
- Aortic and mitral valve replacement in patients who have had previous valve replacement
The Left Atrial Appendage Closure Clinic team provides the following services:
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure (LAAC) is a minimally invasive procedure with an implantable device used to reduce the risk of stroke for patients with atrial fibrillation who are unable to take blood thinners. SMH is among the nation’s Top 20 implant centers.
- Watchman implant - For many patients who are managing AFib - and at significant risk for having a stroke - Watchman is one of a few permanently implanted devices that can reduce stroke risk and provide an alternative to lifelong use of blood thinners.
- Second opinions regarding valve diagnosis, severity, and the timing and type of recommended intervention
- Inpatient and Outpatient consultation
- Clinical trials
- Personalized care plan, including health monitoring, education and follow-up
Structural Heart and Valve Clinic Team
Sarasota Memorial’s clinical affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center provides 24/7 consultation between our cardiac team and Columbia’s Division of Cardiac Surgery, as well as accelerated access to clinical trials and the latest treatment options. Our Valve Clinic’s nationally recognized team of cardiovascular specialists includes:
Strucutural Heart Clinical Coordinators
Valve Clinic Coordinators 941-917-6968
LAAC Clinic Coordinators 941-917-1013
Information & Referrals
Medicare and most insurance plans cover Valve Clinic services. For more information, call 941-917-6968.