Teen Volunteer Program
Sarasota Memorial's Teen Volunteers provide compassion, care, and support to our patients, visitors, and staff through their welcoming smiles and comforting encouragement. Our teen volunteers gain invaluable experience in a healthcare setting, an increased sense of social responsibility, and a way to be involved in bettering their community.
Sarasota Memorial accepts new teen volunteer applications year-round, and volunteer orientations are virtual. The selection process is based on applicants' merits and the information submitted.
Please note that the Volunteer Services Department will only review complete applications. A complete application includes the application packet with all forms complete and signed, as well as two references. Due to the high volume of applicants and limited site placements, we are unable to accept every application.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please email email@example.com or call 941-917-1008.
Teen Application Form
Submit Completed Materials
Sarasota Memorial Hospital
1700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Teen Volunteer Requirements
- Must be at least 14 years of age and have completed their 8th grade year of school
- Commitment to one 4-hour shift of volunteer service per week
- Must be able to accumulate a minimum of 75 hours over the course of one year
Become a Volunteer Today!
- Step 1: Complete and submit the Teen Volunteer Application form.
- Step 2: Our Volunteer Services Team will contact you to arrange an interview and discuss available opportunities.
- Tuberculosis Screening
- Flu vaccination required during flu season
- Complete virtual volunteer orientation
- Complete on-the-job training in assigned position
- Purchase of required Sarasota Memorial Volunteer Services Uniform