Sarasota Memorial Teen Volunteer Program
Thank you for your interest in the Sarasota Memorial Health Care System Teen Volunteer Program. Our teen volunteers provide invaluable compassion, care, and support to our patients, visitors and staff through their welcoming smiles and comforting encouragement. Due to the high volume of applicants and limited site placements, we are unable to accept every application. The selection process is based on the application merits and information submitted. Please note that the Volunteer Services Department will only review complete applications. A complete application includes the application packet with all forms complete and signed, as well as two references.
Teen Volunteer Requirements
- Must be at least 14 years of age and have completed their 8th grade year of school
- Commitment to one 4-hour shift of volunteer service per week
- Must be able to accumulate a minimum of 75 hours over the course of one year
Become a Volunteer Today!
- Step 1: Download and complete the Teen Volunteer Application Packet.
- Step 2: Submit two reference forms. Please note: applications are not reviewed until all 3 forms are received.
- Step 3: Our Volunteer Services Team will contact you to arrange an interview and discuss available opportunities.
- Tuberculosis Screening (2-step Mantoux)
- Flue vaccination required during flu season
- Attend a hospital orientation session
- Complete on the job training in assigned position
- Purchase of required SMH Volunteer Services Uniform
Please send all completed application materials to:
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
1700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Fax: (941) 917-2169
Thank you again for your interest in volunteering at SMH! If you have any questions or need any additional informaiton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-917-1008.