Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
Sarasota Memorial delivers the most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services in the region. With our multi-disciplinary, team-based approach to cardiac care, patients benefit from collective expertise and decades of experience in evaluating and treating such conditions as irregular heartbeat, heart attack, heart failure, coronary artery disease, valve disorders, and other cardiovascular and thoracic disorders.
For information and referrals, call 941-917-7070.
Would you like to know more about our Heart & Vascular Services?
Our cardiac care program features:
Information & Referrals
Sarasota Memorial Heart Team
Collaboration is the cornerstone of the SMH cardiac care program, and it is the key to successful patient outcomes. Our nationally recognized physician team performs more than 1,000 cardiac surgeries and 6,000 catheter-based procedures each year.
The heart team comprises cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists, electrophysiologists, critical care specialists, cardiac surgeons, cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular surgeons, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation therapists, other specialists and specially trained support staff.
Conditions We Treat
SMH’s heart team provides advanced cardiac care with the latest diagnostic and treatment options for a full range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart failure
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Carotid Disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (HCM)
- Valvular heart conditions requiring valve repair or valve replacement
Cardiac Diagnostic, Interventional, Treatment & Rehab Services
Sarasota Memorial provides convenient access to comprehensive cardiac services — from rapid assessment and treatment of chest pain to a full spectrum of screenings and non-invasive testing to detect cardiovascular risk factors, and the latest treatment options, including cardiac catheterization, open and minimally invasive cardiac surgery, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. Our growing menu of cardiac care services includes:
Need a Second Opinion?
If you are experiencing a serious heart condition or want a second opinion on testing or treatment options, the cardiovascular specialists at Sarasota Memorial are here to help. Our team may be able to find a better, less invasive way to help you, and second-opinion consults can resolve lingering doubts. An informed decision is the best decision. Call 941-917-8791 today to schedule a consultation today and find out how we can help.
Awards & Honors
Sarasota Memorial Hospital and its cardiac services team have been consistently recognized for superior patient care, outcomes and performance.
- Accredited as an American Heart Association Cardiovascular Center of Excellence. Sarasota Memorial was the first in Florida and only the fourth in the US to earn this designation for exemplary comprehensive cardiovascular care.
- SMH earned top ratings in all 10 procedures and conditions — including cardiac bypass surgery, aortic valve surgery, abdominal aortic aneurysm repair and heart failure — evaluated in U.S. News’ 2020-2021 “Best Hospitals” study, an achievement attained by only 37 hospitals in the nation.
- Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital in Florida to have consistently earned the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid's highest 5-star rating for overall quality and safety since the rating system launched in 2016.
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital has received consecutive “A” grades for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, a national organization that evaluates hospitals' efforts to protect patients from preventable injuries and harm, since SMH began participating in Leapfrog's survey in 2016.
- SMH has earned 3 Beacon Awards for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses for high-quality patient care: Gold Beacon Award of Excellence for the Cardiac Acute Telemetry Unit; Silver Beacon Award of Excellence for the Critical Care Unit; and Silver Beacon Award of Excellence for the Cardiovascular Thoracic Stepdown/Cardiac Progressive 3 Unit.