Infusion Therapy at Sarasota Memorial
SMH Infusion Center
Sarasota Memorial Hospital - Sarasota Campus
1700 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
If you're battling cancer, Crohn’s disease or other serious illness that requires regular treatments, you’ll find the Sarasota Memorial Infusion Center a comfortable, pleasant and highly professional environment in which to receive care. Our patient bays are bright, with televisions and wireless Internet available so you can pass the time during treatment.
Patient safety and comfort are paramount. Our rigorous safety protocols cover everything from blood type matches to the types of devices used to deliver medication.
Available treatments at the Infusion Center include:
- Biotherapy — Crohn’s Disease, rheumatoid arthritis and cancer are among the conditions we treat using this type of infusion and injection treatment.
- Blood Transfusions — We work with you, your physician and the local blood bank to best meet your needs. Our experienced staff monitors you during your treatment to ensure the infusion progresses in a safe, timely manner.
- Chemotherapy — For safety reasons, we administer cancer medications only when it’s been determined your condition is stable. We understand undergoing chemo can be a difficult challenge, so we strive to make you as comfortable as possible in recliner chairs with pillows and blankets.
- Hydration — The need for fluids may be the result of dehydration from diarrhea or an inability to eat or drink after chemotherapy; so when necessary, we hydrate patients with intravenous infusions.
- Therapeutic apheresis — Used to treat conditions such as kidney disease, cancer, neurological conditions, blood-related and autoimmune disorders, and other diseases, therapeutic apheresis employs advanced technology to separate and remove, exchange or modify a blood component; the outpatient treatment requires a physician referral.
Information & Appointments
The Sarasota Memorial Infusion Center, located on the Sarasota hospital campus, is open 7 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 7 am to noon, Saturday and Sunday. Physician referral is required. For an appointment or more information, call 941-917-7545.