Clinical Research Trials for Cancer Patients*
To learn more about Sarasota Memorial’s cancer research trials, please call 941-917-6519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re interested in participating in a clinical trial, call 941-917-8790 to schedule a screening. Dr. James Fiorica is the primary investigator on the following cancer-research trials.
Ovarian Cancer, Fallopian Tube Cancer or Primary Peritoneal Cancer Clinical Trials
- A Novel Method of Screening for Ovarian Cancer using Gynecologic Fluids & Mucus (Biomarker Pap) (Univ. of S. Alabama) (currently on hold for enrollment)
Primary Diagnosis (First Line) Chemotherapy
- Stage II-IV epithelial diagnoses within six months of completing initial treatment. Can Diet and Physical Activity Modulate Ovarian, Fallopian Tube and Primary Peritoneal Cancer Progression-Free Survival (GOG225)
Platinum Sensitive Recurrence (more than 6 months)
- Initial treatment of stage III or IV EOC, Peritoneal Primary Carcinoma, Fallopian Tube Cancer. A Phase III randomized study of Atesolizumab versus placebo administered in combo with Taxol/Carbo and Bevacizumab (GOG 3015/Genentech) Plan for patient enrollment starting November 2017.
Platinum Resistant (less than 6 months)
- Early recurrence with measurable disease and CA-125 ≤ 105. A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled, Phase 2 Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Weekly Farletuzumab (MORaB-003) in Combination with Carboplatin plus Paclitaxel or Pegylated Liposomal Doxorubicin (PLD) in Subjects with Low CA125 Platinum-Sensitive Ovarian Cancer (Morphotek)
- Completed two lines of chemotherapy with measurable disease. A Randomized, Open-Label Study Comparing the Combination of Yondelis and Doxil/Caelyx with Doxil/Caelyx Monotherapy for the Treatment of Advanced-Relapsed Epithelial Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer (Janssen)
- Three or four prior systemic treatment regimens and measurable disease. A Randomized Phase 2 Study to Evaluate the Efficacy of IMGN853 in Adults with Advanced Epithelial Ovarian Cancer, Primary Peritoneal Cancer and Primary Fallopian Tube Cancer (ImmunoGen)
Endometrial Cancer Clinical Trials
Recurrent pelvic disease; no prior radiation therapy
- A Randomized Trial of Pelvic Irradiation with or without Concurrent Weekly Cisplatin in Patients with Pelvic-Only Recurrence of Carcinoma of the Uterine Corpus (GOG 238)
Initial therapy for measurable stage III or IVA, stage IVB, or recurrent endometrial cancer
- A Randomized Phase II/III Study of Paclitaxel/Carboplatin/Metformin (NSC#91485) Versus Paclitaxel/Carboplatin/Placebo as Initial Therapy for Measurable Stage III or IVA, Stage IVB, or recurrent Endometrial Cancer (GOG 286B)
Recurrent or Persistent Progressive Disease with measurable disease
- A Phase II, single arm study of Sodium Cridanimod in conjunction with Progestin therapy in patients who cannot be treated with surgery or radiation therapy (Xenetic) Plan for patient entrollment starting November 2017.
Breast Cancer Clinical Trials
Breast Cancer Survivors
- MBSR- Efficacy of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction for Breast Cancer (MBSR) Treatment on Cognitive Impairment among Breast Cancer Survivors. Plan for patient enrollment to start December 2017. Click here for more information.
Cervical Cancer Clinical Trials
Locally advanced (stage Ib1, IB2, IIIB or IVA)
- A Phase III Trial of Adjuvant Chemotherapy Following Chemoradiation as Primary Treatment for Locally Advanced Cervical Cancer Compared to Chemoradiation Alone: THE OUTBACK TRIAL (GOG 274)
Liver Cancer Clinical Trials
Non-Resectable Liver Cancer
- Resin: Radiation-Emitting SIR-Spheres in Non-Resectable (RESIN) Liver Tumor Patient Study.
- Surefire: This is an observational multi-site registry that will collect data on standard of care procedures for patients who have undergone or will undergo DEB-TACE as part of clinical treatment for HCC.
Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic Cancer Clinical Trials
- TIGER-Pac: Trans(Intra)-arterial Gemcitabine vs. Continuation of IV Gemcitabine and Nab-Paclitaxel following Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Pancreatic Cancer. Plan for patient enrollment to start November 2017.
Tissue Collection / Biomarkers / Other
Clinical Specimen Collection Study: Solid Tumor Population
A Multi-Center Study for the Collection of Surplus Surgical Tissues for Genomics, Proteomics and Biomarker Research (Fresh, Preserved, Blood) with Robert Carey, MD, as Primary Investigator
A Clinical Registry on Gynecologic Oncology Patients:
An Analysis of Outcomes and Tracking Process for Potential Cancer Research Study Participants
* Cancer clinical trial availability is subject to change.