1 lb cauliflower florets
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a food processor, process cauliflower until finely chopped.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, cook cauliflower for 5 minutes, or until tender. Place cauliflower in a towel and squeeze out excess water so it is completely dry.
- In a bowl, mix egg, cauliflower, 2 tablespoons of the basil, black pepper, garlic and Parmesan cheese until combined.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread cauliflower dough out into a pizza round. Lightly coat cauliflower crust with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove crust from oven. Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Top cauliflower crust with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, spinach, remaining 2 tablespoons basil and black pepper to taste. Bake for 7 minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 pizza
Calories: 351 Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 207mg Sodium: 517mg Carbohydrates: 28g Fiber: 12g Protein: 25g
Copyright 2019 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: August 12, 2019
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD