In an emergency, always call 9-1-1!
In an Emergency, Every Minute Matters
Sarasota Memorial’s 24-hour Emergency Care and Trauma Center relies on a team of highly specialized board-certified trauma surgeons, emergency physicians, subspecialists, trauma and emergency care nurses for immediate and life-saving care.
- Level II Trauma Center – Sarasota County’s only trauma center includes two helicopter landing pads, state-of-the-art trauma resuscitation rooms, trauma surgical suites and intensive care units equipped with leading-edge monitoring, imaging and life-support technologies. We also offer the county’s only hospital-based acute care rehabilitation center for patients recovering from a traumatic injury.
- Pediatric emergencies – Our affiliation with All Children’s Hospitals/Johns Hopkins Medicine ensures around-the-clock pediatric care by Pediatric Hospitalists.
- Obstetrical emergencies – Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital in the region with a 24-hour emergency department dedicated to pregnant women. Our OB ECC, Triage and OB Hospitalist Service are located next to the main Emergency Care Center on the first floor of the hospital - (941) 917-3966. Our OB Hospitalists are always available to examine patients, evaluate the progress of labor, check lab results, handle emergencies and provide a safe delivery for women who do not have their own physician or whose physician requests assistance.
- Heart Attacks– Sarasota Memorial’s DASH program (Direct Angioplasty Saves Hearts) ensures heart patients receive immediate and life-saving interventions upon arrival. Choosing an ER with an interventional cardiac catheterization lab and heart surgery program offers the best protection against potentially life-threatening delays in receiving advanced cardiac care.
- Advanced Stroke Care – Sarasota Memorial is the only hospital in the southwest Florida designated as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and nationally certified to provide the most advanced procedures to treat the most complex strokes and complications.
- Emergency vs. Urgent Care – For urgent but not life-threatening conditions, visit one of our Urgent Care Centers in Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice. The clinics are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week. For guidance on whether you should go to an urgent care or an ER, depending on your symptoms, check out our "Know When to Go" tips, or watch our video series on the SMH YouTube channel.
Non-Emergency Information: Please call our Emergency Care Center at 941-917-8555.