1540 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
Outpatient Valve Clinic
Sarasota Memorial’s Valve Clinic team manages the care of people with complex valve disorders, such as aortic stenosis and mitral valve disease, and provides evaluation and support for inoperable, high-risk and other patients who may be eligible for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral valve disease, including mitral regurgitation and mitral stenosis
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Pulmonary stenosis
- AFib (atrial fibrillation)
Valve Clinic Services
The Valve Clinic team provides the following services:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR). SMH was the first hospital in Southwest Florida to earn TAVR Certifcation from the American College of Cardiology.
- MitraClip minimally invasive Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair (TMVR) for mitral regurgitation
- Watchman implant. For many patients who are managing AFib — and at significant risk for having a stroke — this permanently implanted device can cut that risk in half and offers an alternative to lifelong use of blood thinners. SMH is among the nation’s Top 20 Watchman programs.
- Minimally invasive robotic valve surgery and open surgical interventions
- Valve repair and replacement revisions
- Aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasty
- Surgical repair of mitral valve prolapse
- Prosthetic paravalvular repair
- ASD/PFO closure
- Second opinions regarding valve diagnosis, severity, and the timing and type of recommended intervention
- Clinical trials
- Personalized care plan, including health monitoring, education and follow-up
Valve Clinic Team
Sarasota Memorial’s clinical affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center provides 24/7 consultation between our cardiac team and Columbia’s Division of Cardiac Surgery, as well as accelerated access to clinical trials and the latest treatment options. Our Valve Clinic’s nationally recognized team of cardiovascular specialists includes:
Information & Referrals
Medicare and most insurance plans cover Valve Clinic services. For more information, call 941-917-6968.