Interventional & Neurointerventional Programs
Our specialized physicians treat a variety of medical disorders without surgery, using X-ray and other imaging techniques to guide narrow tubes (catheters) and other small instruments through blood vessels to the site of a problem.
Many of these procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis, eliminating or reducing hospital stays:
- Arteriography X-ray to diagnose vascular disorders and blockage of blood vessels.
- Percutaneous vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty to stabilize fractured vertebra (spine bone) and reduce back pain.
- Uterine fibroid embolization to treat uterine fibroids.
- Venous access catheters for long-term antibiotics, chemotherapy, intravenous nutrition or hemodialysis.
- RF ablation to treat liver tumors
- Chemoembolism to target and kill liver cancer cells
Working closely with Neurologists and Neurosurgeons, Neurointerventional Radiologists use microcatheters, stents, balloons, and similar devices to diagnose and treat stroke, aneurysms, vascular malformations and tumors of the head, neck, brain and spine.
In the past, conditions that would have required open surgery now can be treated using a minimally invasive endovascular approach. Watch our educational video on endovascular treatments for stroke here:
For more information on our Radiology Services, call 941-917-1606.