Assessment & Treatment for Memory Loss
Do you or a family member have difficulty remembering new things, handling complicated tasks, solving everyday problems or finding the right words?
Some memory loss is normal as we age, but if memory loss is affecting your life, Sarasota Memorial’s Memory Clinic can help. Partially funded by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, the clinic provides assessment and evaluation by a multi-disciplinary team of Neurologists, Geriatricians and Neuropsychologists. Our Memory Clinic provides the following services:
- Diagnostic memory evaluations – An initial examination involves tests and referrals necessary for an accurate diagnosis. The clinical team produces a written report, then schedules a meeting with the patient and family to explain the diagnosis and make recommendations for care.
- Education and support groups – Monthly meetings provide support for patients and their loved ones. An educational speaker delivers a short presentation on a topic or service, and answers questions on issues related to the early signs of memory problems.
Memory Disorder Clinic
at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
1515 S Osprey Ave Suite A-1
Sarasota, FL 34239
3rd Thursday, 9:30 a.m.
Senior Friendship Centers
Dwyer Education Room
1900 Brother Geenen Way
Sarasota, FL 34236
- Free memory screenings – Our trained staff completes 15-minute screenings, and provides written results at the time of testing. To make an appointment, call 941-917-7197.
- Monthly newsletter – Short, informational articles offer tips on caregiving, communication and resources. This free newsletter also lists speakers and other educational events happening in the community for patients and caregivers.
- Community education – Memory Clinic staff are available to speak to groups and organizations on issues relating to aging and care. Popular topics include Normal Memory and Aging, Staying Safe on the Road as You Age, Understanding Dementia, and Managing Challenging Behavior.