Sarasota Memorial Breast Health Services
Helping Women Live Long, Healthy Lives
When it comes to preventing breast cancer, the best defense is early detection. We ensure patients receive the most advanced care available to diagnose and treat cancer at its earliest and most curable stages.
Our multidisciplinary team of breast cancer and reconstruction surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, radiation and medical oncologists, and other specialists meet regularly to review cases, recommend treatments and ensure patients receive the best care. Our Breast Health Navigators are oncology- and breast care-certified nurses who coordinate the educational and supportive needs of breast cancer patients, from the time of an abnormal mammogram through testing and treatment options. Our full spectrum of screenings and testing includes:
- Breast biopsy (stereotactic, ultrasound and MRI-guided biopsies)
- Clinical breast exams and self-exam instruction
- Cyst aspiration
- Digital 3D mammography, Breast Ultrasound and MRI (Breast Health Center, University Parkway, Clark Road, Blackburn Point, and Venice locations)
- Ductography or Galactography
- Genetic counseling and testing
Male Breast Cancer
Although less common, men can get breast cancer too. Contact your doctor if you notice any persistent changes to your breasts. Some common signs to watch for include:
- a lump felt in the breast
- nipple pain or discharge
- an inverted nipple or sores on the nipple and areola (the small ring of color around the center of the nipple)
- enlarged lymph nodes under the arm
Women or men with a personal or family history of cancer may benefit from meeting with our board-certified genetic counselor to assess their risk for hereditary cancer. Assessment may include genetic testing for BRCA 1/ BRCA 2 and other genes associated with hereditary breast cancer. For information, click here or call 941-917-2005.
Scheduling & Information
To schedule a mammogram or other breast-imaging test, call 941-917-7322. If you are facing a possible breast cancer diagnosis, or have been recently diagnosed with a new or recurring cancer, call our Breast Health Navigators at 941-917-3377.
Honors & Accreditation
- The American College of Radiology designated Sarasota Memorial a Gold Standard Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
- Sarasota Memorial's Breast Health Center is a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence, as designated by the National Quality Measures for Breast Centers (NQMBC) program, placing it among an elite group of facilities recognized for continued commitment to providing quality breast care and reaching a level of national excellence.