1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
1/2 cup water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro, plus additional for garnish
1 Tbsp minced fresh scallions
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 cups cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
1/4 cup cashew sauce (see above)
4 Tbsp hot sauce, or to taste
10 oz baked tortilla chips
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
3 radishes, thinly sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 Tbsp chopped scallions
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
Lime wedges and for garnish
- In a bowl, cover the cashews with about 2 inches of warm water. Soak for at least 4 hours, or up to 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. In a blender, add the cashews, 1/2 cup water, lemon juice and salt. Purée, adding more water as needed for desired consistency. Transfer to a bowl and add the cilantro, scallions, garlic powder and black pepper. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, until it is tender and starts to brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the cashew sauce with the hot sauce. Add the hot sauce mixture to the pan with the cooked cauliflower and toss to coat the cauliflower.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange the tortilla chips in one layer. Spread the cooked cauliflower over the tortilla chips. Bake for about 5 minutes, to warm the chips.
- Remove from oven, and top with a drizzle of the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons cashew sauce, avocado, radishes, tomato, scallions, jalapeño if using, and additional cilantro and lime wedges for garnish.
Facts Serving size: 1/4 cup
Calories: 190 Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 469mg Carbohydrates: 27g Fiber: 5g Protein: 4g
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: September 11, 2020
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD