1540 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
Outpatient Valve Clinic
Sarasota Memorial’s Valve Clinic team manages the care of people with complex valve disorders, such as aortic stenosis and mitral valve disease, and provides evaluation and support for inoperable, high-risk and other patients who may be eligible for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
Some of the conditions we treat include:
- Aortic stenosis
- Mitral valve disease, including mitral regurgitation and mitral stenosis
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Pulmonary stenosis
Our Valve Clinic Team
Sarasota Memorial’s clinical affiliation with Columbia University Medical Center provides 24/7 consultation between our cardiac team and Columbia’s Division of Cardiac Surgery, as well as accelerated access to clinical trials and the latest treatment options. Our Valve Clinic’s nationally recognized team of cardiovascular specialists includes:
The Valve Clinic team provides the following services:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
SMH was one of the first sites in southwest Florida approved to offer TAVR. Download our informational flyer or watch our education video to see how it works.
- MitraClip - download our informational flyer here.
- Minimally invasive robotic valve surgery and open surgical interventions
- Second opinions regarding valve diagnosis, severity, and the timing and type of recommended intervention
- Re-do valve repair and replacement
- Aortic and mitral balloon valvuloplasty
- Surgical repair of mitral valve prolapse
- Prosthetic paravalvular repair
- ASD/PFO closure
- Ongoing monitoring, patient education and follow-up
- Clinical trials
Information & Referrals
Medicare and most insurance plans cover this service. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 941-917-6968.