If you're battling cancer, Crohn’s disease or other serious illness that requires regular treatments, you’ll find Sarasota Memorial Infusion a comfortable, pleasant and highly professional environment in which to receive care. Our patient bays are bright, with televisions and wireless Internet available so you can pass the time during treatment.
Our team members come from a variety of disciplines, including Oncology, Women's Services and Surgical Recovery. All are highly trained and efficient professionals who understand the complexities of your condition and treatments, and work closely with your physician to coordinate care plans and ensure you make your appointments as regularly as possible. The team also focuses on patient education to empower you to truly participate in your own care and recovery.
Your safety and comfort are paramount. Our rigorous safety protocols cover everything from blood type matches to the types of devices used to deliver medication. We do everything we can to ensure your comfort during the following treatments:
• Biotherapy – Crohn’s Disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer are among the conditions we treat using this new type of infusion and injection treatment. Blood Transfusions – We work with you, your physician, and the local blood bank to best meet your needs. Our experienced staff monitors you during your treatment to ensure the infusion progresses in a safe, timely manner.
• Chemotherapy – For safety reasons, we administer cancer medications only when it’s been determined your condition is stable. We understand undergoing chemo can be a difficult challenge, so we strive to make you as comfortable as possible in recliner chairs with pillows and blankets.
• Hydration – The need for fluids may be the result of dehydration from diarrhea or an inability to eat or drink after chemotherapy; so when necessary, we hydrate patients with intravenous infusions.
• Infusions – Iron deficiency, immune deficiency, anemia, and multiple sclerosis are among the conditions for which patients receive infusions.
• Intravenous Antibiotics – When infections need to be treated with antibiotic infusions, we work with you to schedule treatment times that meet your needs. For example, if you need treatments twice a day, we can schedule appointments in the morning and evening so you can meet your professional and personal commitments during the day.
• Venous Access Procedures – A device can be implanted under the skin so you don't have to endure repeated needle sticks if your treatment requires frequent access to your veins.
Information & Appointments
Sarasota Memorial Infusion is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. A physician referral is required. For an appointment, they may call 941-917-7545.