about Sarasota Memorial’s cardiac surgery program and surgeons.
Top-Ranked Cardiac Care
In partnership with Columbia University Medical School’s Division of Cardiac Surgery, Sarasota Memorial offers the most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services in the region. This partnership gives our patients and physicians:
- Access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
- Access to Columbia University’s Cardiac Surgery faculty and research database.
- Opportunities to participate in research initiatives and clinical trials.
- Referrals for procedures such as pediatric heart surgery and heart transplants.
Our cardiac team has decades of experience evaluating and treating irregular heartbeat, heart attack, heart failure, heart surgery, valve disorders and other cardiovascular and thoracic disorders. Collectively, they perform nearly 1,000 cardiovascular surgeries and more than 5,000 procedures every year. Services include:
- Rapid assessment and treatment of chest pain and heart attack.
- A full spectrum of screenings and non-invasive testing to detect cardiovascular risk factors and disease markers at their earliest stages, including: Echocardiogram (EKG/ECG); Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE); Vascular Ultrasound; and Nuclear Medicine studies.
- Cardiac catheterization, including emergency angioplasty for heart attack patients, and induced hypothermia for cardiac arrest and stroke patients.
- Cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgeries.
- Interventional and neurointerventional radiology.
- Electrophysiology labs with advanced mapping and ablation therapies.
- Technologically advanced “intelligent” operating rooms.
- Multidisciplinary valve clinic for people with complex valve disorders.
- Outpatient disease management clinics for people managing congestive heart failure, blood thinner medications and stroke.
- Specialized cardiac units with private healing rooms, 24/7 wireless telemetry monitoring and advanced practice cardiac nurses.Take a virtual tour of our new Courtyard Tower cardiac units.
- Mobile intensive care units for quick and safe patient transfer to Sarasota Memorial.
Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs to improve quality of life for people living with heart, lung and vascular disease.
Information & Referrals: Call 941-917-BEAT (2328).
Sarasota Memorial earned the top spot for low mortality and readmission rates of heart attack patients, and consistent use of best practices and standardized protocols for heart attack care.