Pain Management Services
Chronic pain can interfere with your quality of life. We can help.
The Sarasota Memorial's First Physician's Group Pain Management Program is committed to helping chronic-pain and acute-pain sufferers improve their quality of life. Whether you’ve been living with debilitating pain for years or pain from a recent accident is slowing you down, our multidisciplinary team of experts can help you find relief through advanced interventional, surgical and nonsurgical treatments based on the latest medical research and technology.
Conditions We Treat
From traditional treatments and medications to break-through interventional procedures — all tailored to meet your specific needs — we offer the widest range of coordinated pain care services in the region to help bring relief from chronic conditions, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Auto accident injuries
- Back and neck pain (including spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease)
- Cancer pain
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Foot pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Lower back pain
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Pelvic pain
- Shingles (Postherpetic neuralgia)
- Shoulder pain
- Spinal-cord injuries and spinal compression fractures
- Work-related injuries
Make An Appointment
We accept patients at any stage of treatment for chronic pain issues. Please call 941-917-4500 for an appointment. Physician referrals are required.
The Pain Management Program is located in Waldemere Medical Plaza, 1921 Waldemere St., Ste. 504, Saraosta, FL 34239. Most procedures are performed at Sarasota Memorial Cape Surgery Outpatient Surgery Center, adjacent to Waldemere Medical Plaza.
Services We Offer
There is no one-size-fits-all fix for pain. Led by surgeon Eugene Pereira, MD, who is board certified in anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, the multidisciplinary Pain Care team work with patients and their referring physician to develop a comprehensive care plan tailored to the patient's medical needs and treatment goals to get the relief they need.
Sarasota Memorial offers the region’s widest range of pain management services and solutions—from evaluation and diagnosis to therapy, anesthesia-based procedures, image-guided interventions and physical rehabilitation. Available therapies range from traditional treatments and medications to alternatives to opioids and interventional procedures; these include:
- Botox injections for muscle spasticity and migraines
- Celiac plexus block for abdominal pain
- Discogram for disc-related pain
- Epidural blood patch for spinal headaches
- Epidural steroid injection to treat disc-related neck, thorax and low back pain
- Lumbar sympathetic block for complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) or neuropathic pain
- Medial branch blocks and radial frequency lesioning for arthritic low back or neck pain
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for treatment of painful spinal compression fractures
- Percutaneous disc decompression to treat disc herniation
- Spinal cord stimulator implant to treat CRPS, peripheral neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia, MS,
diabetic neuropathy, back pain and post-amputation pain
- Trigger-point injection for muscle spasms, painful specific muscles and tendon points
- Spinal infusion pump for administering pain medication directly to the spine
Call 941-917-4500 to obtain more information, schedule an appointment with an SMH Pain Management specialist, or get assistance with a physician referral.