Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
Sarasota Memorial offers the most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services in the region. Our cardiac team has decades of experience evaluating and treating irregular heartbeat, heart attack, heart failure, heart surgery, valve disorders, and other cardiovascular and thoracic disorders. Collectively, our nationally recognized physician team performs more than 1,000 cardiovascular surgeries and 6,000 procedures each year.
For information and referrals: Call 941-917-7070.
Would you like to know more about our Heart & Vascular Services?
Sarasota Memorial Heart Services
- Rapid assessment and treatment of chest pain and heart attack.
- A full spectrum of screenings and non-invasive testing to detect cardiovascular risk factors and disease markers at their earliest stages, including: Echocardiogram (EKG/ECG); Trans-Esophageal Echocardiography (TEE); Vascular Ultrasound; and Nuclear Medicine studies.
- Cardiac catheterization, including emergency angioplasty for heart attack patients, and induced hypothermia for cardiac arrest and stroke patients.
- Cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgeries.
- Interventional and neurointerventional radiology.
- Electrophysiology labs with advanced mapping and ablation therapies.
- Technologically advanced “intelligent” operating rooms.
- Multidisciplinary valve clinic for people with complex valve disorders.
- Outpatient disease management clinics for people managing congestive heart failure, blood thinner medications and stroke.
- Specialized cardiac units with private healing rooms, 24/7 wireless telemetry monitoring and advanced practice cardiac nurses. (See video below for a virtual tour of our Courtyard Tower cardiac units.)
- Mobile intensive care units for quick and safe patient transfer to Sarasota Memorial.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs to improve quality of life for people living with heart, lung and vascular disease.
Sarasota Memorial is proud to partner with the Columbia University Medical School’s Division of Cardiac Surgery. Through this partnership, our patients and physicians have:
- Access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options.
- Access to Columbia University’s Cardiac Surgery faculty and research database.
- Opportunities to participate in research initiatives and clinical trials.
- Referrals for procedures such as pediatric heart surgery and heart transplants.
Top-ranked Cardiac and Cardiovascular Care
Sarasota Memorial Hospital has been consistently recognized for its superior patient care and performance in cardiovascular services.
- In 2018, Sarasota Memorial Hospital earned the highest, three-star rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) for its patient care and clinical outcomes in all five cardiac surgery categories: aortic valve replacement (AVR), coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), AVR combined with CABG surgery, isolated mitral valve replacement/repair (MVRR), and MVRR combined with CABG. SMH is one of only three participating hospitals in the US and Canada to earn the top rating in all five of those publicly reported categories, placing SMH among the top hospitals for cardiothoracic surgery in the nation and Canada.
- Accredited as an American Heart Association Cardiovascular Center of Excellence. Sarasota Memorial was the first in Florida and only the fourth in the US to earn this designation for exemplary comprehensive cardiovascular care.
- In the BetterDoctor rankings for the best places to go for emergency heart attack care, Sarasota Memorial earned the top spot for its low mortality and readmission rates of heart attack patients, and its consistent use of best practices and standardized protocols for heart attack care.