1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut into bits
1/4 cup cold vegan butter, cut into bits
4 Tbsp water
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Coconut cream whipped topping (optional)
Ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and salt. Cut the shortening and butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add the cold water and mix together until soft dough forms. Form the dough into a flat disk.
- Transfer the dough to an 8-inch pie pan and press it into the bottom and sides of the pan. Crimp the edges. With a fork, prick the bottom of the crust a few times. Set aside until ready to use.
- Make the filling: Preheat the oven to 425°.
- In a bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients and with a hand mixer, mix at medium speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350° and bake for 45 to 50 minute, or until the crust is golden.
- Remove from over and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve topped with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon, if desired.
Serving size: 1 slice (about 3/4 inch)
Calories: 208 Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 103mg Carbohydrates: 15g Fiber: 3g Protein: 1g
Copyright 2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.
Date Last Reviewed: September 11, 2020
Editorial Review: Judy Capodanno, Health eCooking Editorial Director, Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Contact Editor
Dietary Review: Jane Schwartz, RD