It's difficult to keep exercising day after day if you're bored with the same routine. But you can mix it up so you look forward to your workout each day.
The American Council on Exercise recommends:
- Figure out what's boring you. Maybe switch up your cardio workout with something new, such as a kickboxing class. Or skip the treadmill and run a trail.
- Try an entirely new activity, such as a team sport.
- Ask a friend to exercise with you.
- Set a goal to challenge yourself, such as running a 10K. Or use a gadget such as a fitness tracker.
- If you feel burned out, take a short break from exercise.
Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.