Neurological Care & Surgery
Sarasota Memorial’s Neuroscience Center brings together a unique team of specialists and subspecialists to evaluate and provide the most effective care for patients affected by neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles.
Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of physician specialists with in-depth subspecialty expertise. The team includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, otolaryngologists (ear, nose & throat specialists), endocrinologists, radiation oncologists, physiatrists, intensive care specialists, emergency medicine physicians, specialists in geriatric and psychiatric medicine, experienced nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and neuro-rehabilitation specialists.
Would you like to know more about our Neuroscience Center?
The team works collaboratively to provide the most advanced and effective treatment options for:
- Alzheimer’s disease & dementia
- Autoimmune disorders, multiple sclerosis
- Brain aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Brain & spinal cord injuries
- Brain & spinal cord tumors
- Dizziness/vestibular disorders
- Epilepsy and seizure disorders
- Memory disorders & mild cognitive impairment
- Neuromuscular disorders, muscular dystrophy, ALS/Lou Gehrig's disease
- Parkinson’s and movement disorders
- Peripheral nerve disorders, neuropathy
- Pituitary disorders
- Spine disorders
- Stroke and cerebral hemorrhage
Neurospecialty Clinics & Programs
Many people with progressive neurologic disorders benefit from a multidisciplinary evaluation and collaborative care. Sarasota Memorial’s Neuro Specialty Clinics and programs combine the expertise of several sub-specialists to assess individual patients and monitor their treatment and progress.
Our neurosurgeons offer a full range of surgical services and procedures for the brain and spine, including minimally invasive techniques and traditional open surgeries to correct spine defects, fractures, herniated disks and nerve compression, remove brain tumors, relieve cranial pressure, treat traumatic brain injury and correct malformations of blood vessels. Our team employs advanced image-guided techniques in the operating room, including real-time brain mapping and intraoperative electrophysiologic testing, intraoperative angiography. Specialized treatments include:
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Radio surgery
- Carotid Endartectomy & Artery Stenting
- Microvascular Spine Surgery
- Intravascular Coiling
- Skull-Base Surgery
Information & Referrals
Call 941-917-7777 or toll-free 800-764-8255, ext. 7777 or search our online physician directory.