Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
1650 South Osprey Ave., Sarasota, FL 34239
Important note: Effective March 17th, visitors are restricted to help protect our vulnerable patients and prevent the spread of infection. Restricting visitors is a difficult but necessary step to further safeguard our patients' health and safety. We encourage loved ones to connect through phone calls. Our social service team and unit staff members are available to assist with this. All units have a phone that is accessible to our patients.
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, anxiety, substance abuse or other mental health needs, we can help. Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Bayside Center for Behavioral Health offers timely, accessible mental health assessments, as well as referrals to the most appropriate level of care, so you or your loved one can get back to living a full life.
Bayside Center is licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services, accredited by the Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare and Medicaid.
Clinical Assessment Center
Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by appointment during normal business hours to provide:
- Free, confidential mental health assessments.
- Free assessments for families in need, given by licensed child and adolescent therapists who are on call 24 hours a day.
- Admission to our inpatient program or referral to the appropriate treatment options in the community.
- Verification of insurance benefits.
- Recommendations for available community resources.
We offer comprehensive, inpatient programs for short-term, intensive psychiatric treatment for adults, adolescents and children. Our approach combines advanced medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders that affect interpersonal or occupational functioning. Bayside offers high-quality, effective care from an interdisciplinary team to successfully return patients to their families, homes and community.
Treatment includes individual, group, family therapy, and planning for continuing care following hospitalization. Bayside mental health services include:
- A nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Acute psychiatric services for patients who are admitted voluntarily or involuntarily.
- Staff psychiatrists, licensed mental health counselors and social workers.
- Medication management.
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility.
- Assistance with insurance and referrals.
- Self-referrals are welcome.
- 24-hour availability.
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911. For a free clinical assessment, information, referrals or advice, call 941-917-7760, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.