In-person visitation is currently not permitted at Bayside Center for Behavioral Health; staff will gladly assist with setting up virtual or by-phone visitations. For more information, call 941-917-7760.
Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
1650 South Osprey Ave., Sarasota, FL 34239
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, anxiety, substance abuse or other mental health needs, we can help. Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Bayside Center for Behavioral Health offers timely, accessible mental health assessments, as well as referrals to the most appropriate level of care, so you or your loved one can get back to living a full life.
Bayside Center is licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services, accredited by the Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare and Medicaid.
Clinical Assessment Center
Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by appointment during normal business hours to provide:
- Free, confidential mental health assessments.
- Free assessments for families in need, given by licensed child and adolescent therapists who are on call 24 hours a day.
- Admission to our inpatient program or referral to the appropriate treatment options in the community.
- Verification of insurance benefits.
- Recommendations for available community resources.
We offer comprehensive, inpatient programs for short-term, intensive psychiatric treatment for adults, adolescents and children. Our approach combines advanced medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders that affect interpersonal or occupational functioning. Bayside offers high-quality, effective care from an interdisciplinary team to successfully return patients to their families, homes and community.
Treatment includes individual, group, family therapy, and planning for continuing care following hospitalization. Bayside mental health services include:
- A nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Acute psychiatric services for patients who are admitted voluntarily or involuntarily.
- Staff psychiatrists, licensed mental health counselors and social workers.
- Medication management.
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility.
- Assistance with insurance and referrals.
- Self-referrals are welcome.
- 24-hour availability.
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911. For a free clinical assessment, information, referrals or advice, call 941-917-7760, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.