SMH continues to assess and send samples for COVID-19 testing for patients based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the priorities/capacity of the labs in our state. As of 4 pm April 2:
- SMH has tested nearly 700 people, with 50 positive results and 99 pending.
- 25 patients are hospitalized.
- 5 patients have died.
- Of the hospitalized patients, 28 have been discharged with follow-up monitoring by the Florida Department of Health.
- 9 SMH employees who tested positive are being monitored at home.
* This information is updated daily. For more information, please click here to visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage.