|Serving Size||¼ of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||25 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)||2 cups|
|Fat-free plain yogurt||1/3 cup|
|Ground cinnamon||½ teaspoon|
|Egg substitute||1 cup|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated||½ cup|
|Fresh mint, chopped, for garnish|
- Preheat the broiler, positioning the oven rack 6-8 inches above.
- Melt half the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Pour in half the beaten eggs.
- As the eggs cook, use a spatula to lift the edge, letting the uncooked egg run underneath.
- When loose egg can move to the edge, remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle on half the cheese.
- Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese is melted and the egg is completely set.
- Spread half the fruit on one side of the omelet.
- Top the fruit with a generous dollop of the yogurt, which has been blended with the cinnamon and honey.
- Fold the other side of the omelet over the fruit and slide it onto a plate.
- Garnish with more yogurt mixture and fresh chopped mint.