- 1/2 - cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 - cornichon or sour gherkin pickle
- 1 - tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 - anchovy fillet
- 1 - teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 - teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 - teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 - teaspoons lemon juice
- - Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 - cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 - pound catfish
- 1 - tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
To prepare tartar sauce: Combine mayonnaise, cornichon (or sour gherkin pickle), shallots, anchovy, capers, tarragon and parsley in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
To prepare fish: Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a shallow dish; thoroughly dredge fillets (discard any leftover flour).
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish, working in batches if necessary, and cook until lightly browned and just opaque in the center, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve each portion of fish with about 1 tablespoon sauce each.