Before you head out with baby in tow, make sure you've safely and properly packed a diaper bag.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions:
- Bring along unopened jars of commercial baby food.
- Use ready-to-feed or powdered formula, or other foods that don't require refrigeration.
- Pack an insulated container with ice packs for perishables such as breast milk. When you're done traveling, store in the refrigerator.
- Keep spoons and forks in a separate bag to keep them clean.
- Use hand-sanitizing wipes or a bottle of sanitizer before feeding baby or after changing a diaper.
- Keep soiled diapers away from food and bottles.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.