SARASOTA (Nov. 1, 2013) – The Florida Hospital Association installed the 2013-2014 executive officers and trustees during its Annual Meeting in October.
Mark Robitaille, President/CEO of Martin Health System was named chairman, while Sarasota Memorial CEO Gwen MacKenzie was elected vice chair and chair-elect. MacKenzie, CEO of the region's only public hospital, has served on the FHA Board of Trustees, FHA Advocacy Committee, Workforce Committee and Strategic Planning Committee since November 2006, shortly after her arrival in Sarasota. In her current position, she will serve on the FHA Executive Committee and is charged with setting policy and strategic priorities for the 238 member association. She also is in line to assume the top leadership position for the state advocacy association next year.
FHA's New Officers includes:
- Chairman: Mark Robitaille, President/CEO, Martin Health System
- Vice Chair/Chairman-Elect: Gwen MacKenzie, President/CEO, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System
- Immediate Past Chairman: Steven D. Sonenreich, President/CEO, Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Treasurer: Allen S. Weiss, MD, President/CEO, NCH Healthcare System
- Secretary: Bruce Rueben, President, Florida Hospital Association
- Doug Baer, President/CEO, Brooks Health System
- Kathy A. Burke, Division CEO/South Florida Division, Health Management Associates
- Jim Burkhart, President/CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- Moody L. Chisholm, Jr., President/CEO, St. Vincent’s HealthCare
- Jonathan Ellen, MD, President/CEO, All Children’s Hospital
- Mark Faulkner, President, Baptist Health Care
- Aurelio Fernandez, Executive VP/COO, Memorial Healthcare System
- Timothy M. Goldfarb, President/CEO, Shands HealthCare
- Joseph S. Gordy, President/CEO, Flagler Hospital, Inc.
- Lars Houmann, President/CEO, Florida Hospital
- Stephen P. Johnson, President/CEO, Health First, Inc.
- Brian E. Keeley, President/CEO, Baptist Health South Florida
- Roger L. Kirk, President/CEO, Bethesda Healthcare System
- John A. Kolosky, COO, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- Stephen R. Mason, President/CEO, BayCare Health System
- Carlos A. Migoya, CEO, Jackson Health System
- George Mikitarian, President/CEO, Parrish Medical Center
- Frank Nask, President/CEO, Broward Health
- James R. Nathan, President/CEO, Lee Memorial Health System
- G. Mark O’Bryant, President/CEO, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
- Mike Schultz, President/CEO Florida Region, EVP Florida Division, Florida Hospital
About the Florida Hospital Association
The Florida Hospital Association is comprised of 238 hospitals and health systems from across the state. Through representation and advocacy, education, and informational services, we support the mission of our members to provide the highest quality of care to the patients we serve. For more information, visit www.fha.org.
About Sarasota Memorial Health Care System/CEO Gwen MacKenzie
Gwen M. MacKenzie is president and CEO of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, a regional medical center on southwest Florida's Gulf Coast consisting of an 806-bed hospital, physician practices and a network of specialized medical campuses and clinics that include a nursing and rehabilitation center, a psychiatric hospital and urgent care and outpatient centers. The only public hospital in the Southwest Florida region, Sarasota Memorial has nearly 4,000 staff, 1,000 volunteers and 802 physicians. It is one of the largest acute-care public hospitals in the nation and one of the largest employers in the region.