|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Servings and Times
Ingredients and Preparation
|Turkey breast with bones||6 pounds (with at least 2 cups meat)|
|Dried thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||½ teaspoon|
|Dried sage||½ teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||½ teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon||½ teaspoon|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Italian pastina or pasta||½ pound|
- Place turkey breast in large 6-quart pot. Cover with water until at least three quarters full.
- Peel onions, cut into large pieces, and add to pot. Wash celery stalks, slice, and add to pot.
- Simmer covered for about 2-1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass from pot. Divide soup into smaller, shallower containers for quick cooling in refrigerator.
- After cooling, skim off fat.
- While soup cools, remove remaining meat from turkey carcass. Cut into pieces.
- Add turkey meat to skimmed soup, along with herbs and spices.
- Bring to boil and add pastina. Continue cooking on low boil for about 20 minutes, until pastina is done. Serve at once or refrigerate for later reheating.