Adapted from FruitsandVeggiesMatter.gov, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Produce for Better Health Foundation
|Serving Size||4 bruschetta|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Sourdough baguette (24 inches)||1|
|Fat-free cream cheese, whipped||4 ounces|
|California plums, sliced fresh||6 cups|
|Fresh basil||1 cup|
- Slice baguette into 24 inch-thick pieces.
- Toast in a 350°F oven until golden brown.
- Spread each slice of bread with fat-free cream cheese.
- Slice plums into thin slices. Place several slices of plum on each piece of bruschetta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.