- 8 - ounces whole-wheat fusilli
- 1 - tablespoon canola oil
- 2 - slices bacon
- 1 - large sweet onion
- 1 - pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 - medium green bell pepper
- 3 - cloves garlic
- 4 - teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 - teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 - tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 - 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 - cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 - cup sliced scallions
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add chicken, bell pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning and pepper. Cook stirring, until the onion and bell pepper are beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
Add flour and stir to coat. Add tomatoes and their juice; bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, until the sauce is bubbling and thickened and the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream.
Stir the pasta into the sauce. Serve sprinkled with scallions, if desired.