- 30 - small gingersnap cookies
- 2 - tablespoons raisins
- 1 - tablespoon canola oil
- 1 - cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 - cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 - teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 - pints (4 cups) frozen low-fat vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
To prepare crust: Combine gingersnaps and raisins in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add oil and pulse until blended. Press evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
Bake the crust until set, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well. Add ice cream and stir until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled pie crust. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Let the pie soften slightly in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.