- *Guide to Your Hospital Stay / Outpatient Care Maps & Directions
- Sarasota Memorial Institute for Cancer Care
- Meet the Team/Medical Collaboration & Case Review
- Cancer Types & Treatments / Women's Cancer Care Program
- Managing Pain, Symptoms & Side Effects
- Hereditary Cancer / Genetic Testing & Counseling
- Cancer Care Clinical Trials
- Accreditation & Recognition
- Cancer Registry / Reports
- Breast Health Services
At times, you may require hospitalization to treat your cancer or complications that have arisen as a result of the disease. Sarasota Memorial has created a special place for you – a dedicated 24-bed oncology unit designed to meet your special needs and those of your family.
Staffed by the most compassionate and best trained oncology nurses in the nation, our inpatient rooms are all equipped with special features to promote your well being, prevent infection and offer the warmth and comforts of home.
Visiting hours are relaxed to encourage visits from family and friends. However, please ask the nursing staff for guidelines about visits by small children or large groups.
Important Things to Bring With You to The Hospital
- A copy of your insurance card and photo identification
- Important advance directives (such as a Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney) that will indicate to your care team your wishes in the event you cannot make a medical decision for yourself.
- Admissions or treatment paperwork your physician may have given you to bring to the hospital.
- Personal items or toiletries that will make your stay more comfortable.
- Phone numbers of friends, family members whom you may want to call while you’re in the hospital.
- A list of all medications you are currently taking – please do not bring actual medications to the hospital.
Our Guide to Your Hospital Stay will provide maps, directions and additional helpful information. Please call our Cancer Information Center at (941) 917-1981 if you have any questions or concerns.
If you're like most patients, you'll be able to receive most of the diagnostic, treatment, and support services you need as an outpatient. This will allow you to pursue, as much as possible, your regular day-to-day activities – one of the best therapies available.
Sarasota Memorial offers a number of outpatient services to meet your individual needs, including:
- Advanced diagnostics – including the latest CT, MRI, ultrasound and imaging technology available.
- Day treatment services (such as chemotherapy, biotherapy and blood transfusions)
- Mental health counseling programs
- Pain management services
- General and specialized cancer rehabilitative services
- Home Care
- Short- and long-term skilled nursing
- Palliative/Hospice Care