As an established regional referral center for Orthopedics, Sarasota Memorial and its experienced surgeons specialize in the most advanced joint repair and replacement procedures available today.
Located on the 9th Floor of our new Courtyard Tower, the hospital’s Center for Total Joint Replacement is equipped to maximize your recovery – and your comfort. Spacious private rooms with sofa beds, flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet access, and expansive windows that infuse rooms with healing natural light, each also features its own bath with non-slip walk-in shower. A new physical therapy gym promotes post-surgery recovery with our highly trained medical and rehab team supporting you every step of the way. Click here for a virtual tour.
To learn more about our Center for Total Joint Replacement or to speak with our patient navigator, call (941) 917-7356.
Collaborative & Comprehensive
Just as no two patients are alike, no two joint replacements are exactly the same. Our team of orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, orthopedic nurses, physical and occupational therapists, pain management specialists, case managers and care navigators work together seamlessly to ensure the best surgical outcomes and recovery.
Every care plan is precisely focused on the unique medical and lifestyle needs of each patient.
Our specialties include:
- Comprehensive total hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement procedures, with smaller incisions and technology designed to reduce trauma to muscles and tissues surrounding the replaced joint and get patients back to their normal activities as soon and as safely as possible.
- Computer-assisted surgery, offering increased precision and longevity of replacement joints.
- Anterior Supine Intermuscular (ASI) hip replacement (surgeons directly approach the hip joint by working between the muscles that surround the hip joint, rather than cutting muscles that surround the hip).
- Revision (corrective) surgery of old joint replacements that are painful or not working properly
- Comprehensive pain management strategies to manage post operative pain and speed recovery.
Complementary & Support Services
- Joint Replacement (Pre-Operative Education) Class
- Care Navigator to help you plan for your hospital stay and post hospital care
- Comprehensive Rehabilitation Unit offering the region’s only hospital-based inpatient rehabilitative unit
- Outpatient physical, occupational and rehabilitative therapy
- Inpatient/Outpatient Pain Management Program
- Home care – at your home or assisted living/skilled nursing facility
- HealthFit – a medically-oriented fitness center