- *Critical Care
- Services & Procedures
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Comprehensive Bariatric Program
- Breast Health Services
- Radiology (Imaging)
- Sarasota Memorial Institute for Cancer Care
- Day Treatment Center
- Diabetes Treatment Services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Laboratory Services
- Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Othopedic Surgery
- Comprehensive Pain Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Respiratory Care
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Transfer Center
- Wound Healing
- Women & Children's Services
- Community Partners & Safety Net Care
- Community Medical Clinic
- Heart & Vascular Services
- Clinical Trials & Research
- Patient Financial Services
- Food & Nutrition Services
- Heart Failure Center
- Gastroenterology/Endoscopy Services
- Men’s Health
The critical care units at Sarasota Memorial are staffed by highly trained physicians, nurses, therapists and other health care professionals who specialize in treating in people recovering from life-threatening medical, surgical or cardiac conditions.
Our multidisciplinary team works 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to ensure the best outcomes for our patients and support for families and loved ones. Some of the specialists you may meet include:
- Respiratory Therapists
- Rehabilitation Therapists
- Patient Care Technicians
- Health Unit Coordinators
- Case Managers/Social Workers
- Clergy/Psychology counselors
Having a loved one in the hospital, especially in a critical care setting, can be a stressful experience for patients and their families. Our goal is to help you be with your loved one in this time of need as much as we possibly can. .
We understand that the healing process includes the love and support from the important people in our lives. Your family values and goals – needs and hopes, questions and suggestions – are central to our care. Please let us know how we can help.
It is important that you also nurture your own health and well being during this time. Please take care of yourself and remember the importance of rest, nutrition and sleep. You will be better able to cope and make any decisions that arise.
For the health and security of our patients, all Critical Care Units at Sarasota Memorial remain locked 24/7.
Hospital volunteers are usually present during daytime hours to assist visitors and respond to family requests. If a volunteer is not present, visitors may call the unit from a waiting room phone for instructions in how to enter the unit.
Once your loved one is admitted, visitors may be asked to wait outside the unit for a short time. The doctors and nurses need this time to evaluate his/her needs and begin developing a plan of care. We will do everything we can to minimize the wait time.
Our visiting hours are flexible and based on the needs of patients and families on the unit. In general, visiting hours are:
8:30 am - 6 pm | 8:30 pm - 12 midnight | 5 - 6 am
However, exceptions can be made. Please discuss any special needs that you have with the nurse taking care of your loved one. We respectfully request no visitors or phone calls to the unit during shift changes (6-8:30 am & 6-8:30 pm), when important assessments and reports are being shared by your loved one’s clinical team.
Visitor Meals & Refreshments
- Windows Cafeteria offers the widest array of hot meals, sandwiches, salads, beverage and snack-choices in the hospital. It is located on the 4th floor, near the B elevators. Hours of operation: 6 am-2 pm daily. Breakfast is available 7 am-9:30 am.
- 1700 Café offers muffins, croissants, sandwiches, wraps, salads and soups, as well as hot and cold beverages. It is located on the 1st floor, near the D elevators. Hours of operation: 7 am-2 am Monday-Friday and 2 pm-2 am Saturday & Sunday. Breakfast is available 6-11 am.
For Our Patient’s Safety
In order to provide the best care for your loved one, we ask for your help with the following guidelines:
- No live plants or flowers are permitted in the unit.
- Wash hands upon entering AND leaving. Hand washing foam canisters are Mounted outside each unit and patient room.
- Please limit visitors to two at a time. To protect the privacy of other patients, we ask that you remain in your loved one’s room during your visit.
Family orientation classes also are available. Please ask your nurse for details.
Important Phone Numbers
Main Hospital: (941) 917-9000
Critical Care 4th Floor Waiting Room (941) 917-6738 / 917-8154
Critical Care 5th Floor Waiting Room (941) 917-6739 / 917-8155
Critical Care Director (941) 917-8393
Social Services (941) 917-8116
Spiritual Care (941) 917-1355 / 917-1304