Our outpatient clinics help patients at any stage of anticoagulation therapy safely manage their anticoagulation medications, including warfarin sodium, Coumadin and Jantoven, and increase the amount of time their blood tests remain in the appropriate range. We help you manage conditions that require the use of short-term or long-term anticoagulants, including atrial fibrillation, mechanical heart valves, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or other forms of blood clots.
- Medical Director: Martin Frey, MD, Board-Certified Cardiologist
- Clinical nursing team: ARNPs and RNs certified in anticoagulation therapy with specialized expertise in cardiovascular care.
- Assess international normalized ratio (INR) values, medication and lifestyle changes.
- Evaluate patient needs.
- Lab testing with simple finger-stick technology.
- Immediate results and dosage adjustments as needed.
- Advanced medical assessments and interventions as warranted.
- Education and support for patients and their families.
- Manage changes in diet, medications and other factors or medical conditions that can affect anticoagulation therapy.
- Managing withdrawal risks:
- Specialized tools and expertise to manage withdrawal from oral anticoagulation medications and low molecular weight bridging for procedures and surgery.
- Determine best course of therapy using evidence-based risk assessment tools (recognized as “best practices” by Joint Commission and the nation’s Magnet hospitals) to help analyze risk of withdrawal versus risk of procedural bleeds/hospitalized venous thromboembolism.
Referrals and payment:
- Patients must have a referral and visit their managing physician at least once a year.
- Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance cover some or all of our services.
- People who are uninsured or experiencing financial difficulties may be eligible for free or discounted care.
Six Convenient Locations
For hours and appointments, please call individual offices.
1. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Heritage Harbour
1040 River Heritage Blvd.
Bradenton, FL 34212
2. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at University Parkway
5350 University Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34243
3. Sarasota Memorial Heart & Vascular Services
1540 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
4. Sarasota Memorial Institute for Advanced Medicine
5880 Rand Blvd. (off Clark Rd. near I-75)
Sarasota, FL 34238
5. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Blackburn Point
929 S. Tamiami Trail
Osprey, FL 34229
6. Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Venice
997 N. U.S. 41 Bypass
Venice, FL 34285