- *Community Programs to Improve Driving Skills
- Education & Driving Safety
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- Driving and Memory Loss
- Financial and Legal Decision Making
- Behavioral Problems
- Brain Imaging in Memory Loss
- Communication and Alzheimer's Disease
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus (NPH)
- Tips on Memory
- VA Benefits – Aid & Attendance
- Do You and Your Car “FIT” Together?
- Improving Your Vision
- Improving Your Strength and Mobility
- Improving Your Flexibility
- Improving Your Working Memory
- Alternate Transportation Options
- Memory Disorder Clinics in Florida
AARP “55 Alive” Driver Safety Program
Phone: (941) 355-2932 for Sarasota courses and (941) 475-6925 For Venice courses
Safe driving class for mature drivers.
Course consists of 8 hours of instruction organized into 2 sessions aimed to help you learn the effects of aging on driving and adjustments you can make to minimize risk. Completion of class may result in safe driving discounts on your auto insurance.
AARP Driver Safety On-line Course
Phone: (800) 350-7025
Cost: $15.95 for AARP members
$19.95 for non-members
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion via U.S. mail, which may qualify you for an automobile insurance discount. (Depends on company, however).
Florida Mature Driver Program (on-line course only)
Phone: (877) FL-DRIVING or (877) 353-7484
Those who have a current Florida Driver’s license and are 55 years of age or older are eligible to take this course. Completing this course allows you to receive a mandatory reduction on your insurance rates for 3 years per Florida Statute 627.0652.
Mature Driver Insurance Discount Class (offered by Florida Safety Council) (on-line course only)
Phone: Registration number: (800) 372-3335
Customer service: (877) 700-7066
This course is designed for drivers age 55 and older to review the effects of aging on driving, and offers ways to compensate for physical and mental changes as well as promote defensive driving. Completion of course makes you eligible for a mandatory insurance discount per Florida Statute 627.0652 for 3 years.
Mature Driver Improvement Course (on-line course)
Phone: (800) 723-1955
Completion of this state approved course makes you eligible for a mandatory insurance discount per Florida Statute 627.0652, which is good for 3 years following completion.