Provisional Level 2 Trauma Center:
On May 1, 2015, we were notified by Florida’s Department of Health that we can begin operating as a Provisional Level 2 trauma center. I would like to thank everyone for the tremendous efforts undertaken to achieve this status. I understand and appreciate that many of you will be involved in the care and treatment of these trauma patients. I realize the time and sacrifice necessary to make this a successful Trauma Program and the community will certainly benefit from your hard work from today forward. We should all be proud of this team effort which defines SMH as a premier health care facility!
With my sincere appreciation,
James Fiorica, MD. Chief of Staff
Highest Scoring Physician in their Specialty:
Congratulations to our Highest Scoring Physicians in their Specialty! Scores were tabulated from patient responses to “Communication with Doctors” questions on the HCAHPS Survey.
- During this hospital stay, how often did doctors treat you with courtesy and respect?
- During this hospital stay, how often did doctors listen carefully to you?
- During this hospital stay, how often did doctors explain things in a way you could understand?
Physicians who received a minimum of 10 surveys from patients discharged February 1, 2014- January 31, 2015 have results posted.
- Francisco Cervoni, MD - Internal Medicine
- Sean Dingle, MD - Orthopedic Surgery
- James Fiorica , MD - Gynecology/Oncology
- Steven Grogg , DO - Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Daniel Kaplon, MD - Urology
- Jeffrey Sell, MD - Surgery, Cardiothoracic
- Peter Mayer, MD - Neurological Surgery
- Russell Novak, MD - Surgery, General
- David Schreibman, MD - Interventional Cardiology
- David Showalter, MD - Vascular Surgery
- Margaux Manual, MD - Obstetrics & Gynecology
For those specialties that achieved benchmark, it was determined that the physician with the highest score in that specialty would have his/her picture posted in the physician’s lounge – say cheese ?
2015 First Quarter Physician Excel Winner:
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is pleased to announce the 2015 First Quarter Physician Excel Winner; Sarah R. Temple, MD, Emergency Medicine. The award is presented for Recognition of Respect in the workplace.
New Patient Room Numbers 5 Waldemere: May 12
The rollout of the new patient room numbering system that began in March with Surgical Short Stay/5NW will continue with the Waldemere Tower during the next several weeks. The new numbering system will eliminate room number duplication as we open new facilities and departments.
Here’s how the new room numbers will work on 5 Waldemere:
- Each patient room has its own four-digit number, preceded by the letter of the elevator closest to the unit.
- The “B” is the elevator closest to the unit, 5 is the floor and the last three numbers is the room number.
Thank you for taking the time to read this newsletter. Please feel free to discuss these issues and any new issues with your medical staff leaders. You are a valued physician at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.