A Message From Nursing Leadership
We would like to introduce you to an organization that is leading the way in caring. Sarasota Memorial Health Care System has a "vision" for nursing, which is . . .
This vision for nursing is based on the core values and beliefs of all nurses throughout our organization and has created a connection of our profession despite the diversity of our roles, areas of expertise and specialization.
This living document is visible through many current initiatives, including:
- Career opportunities at the bedside ranging from the Nurse Tech role to the RN III role;
- The pursuit of national recognition as a "Magnet" institution;
- The exploration and implementation of opportunities allowing nurses to "step outside the walls";
- An unyielding commitment to the role of the advanced practice nurse;
- Exceptional recognition (and financial support) of professional achievements such as national specialty certification. A high level of professional nurses at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System are nationally certified in their field of expertise.
- A growing affiliation with the University of South Florida to promote professional growth and advanced levels of leadership at the direct patient care level.
We strongly believe that a nursing leader is not defined by their title, but by their passion, their commitment and their willingness to champion what they believe in. Our efforts focus on the promotion of this leadership, as well as professionalism, innovation and creativity. It's our constant celebration of nursing that we believe is worth discovering.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital