Sarasota Memorial Heart & Vascular Services
Preventing Secondary Strokes and TIAs
1540 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
Monday-Friday by appointment
Of the 795,000 Americans who have a stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA, commonly referred to as mini-stroke) each year, as many as one in four will have a second stroke within a year. Sarasota Memorial’s Secondary Stroke and TIA Prevention Clinic provides education and follow-up care to help prevent a second attack in people who have had a stroke or TIA.
The outpatient clinic helps people lower their risk of stroke by providing resources, therapies and support that help patients:
- Control hypertension
- Manage stress and cholesterol levels
- Stop smoking
- Make recommended dietary or lifestyle changes
- Monitor medications such as blood thinners
Staffed by an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) under the supervision of a board-certified Vascular Neurologist, the outpatient clinic works with patients’ Primary Care Physicians, Neurologists and other specialists, including Pharmacists, Clinical Dietitians and Rehabilitation Therapists, to address the individual risks and complications associated with a stroke or TIA.
- Medical director: Mauricio Concha, MD, MHS, Vascular Neurologist, Board Certified in Neurology & Vascular Neurology
- Clinic coordinator: Jill Garrett, MSN, ARNP-C
A physician referral is required.
Please call 941-917-3890 for information.