- *Heart & Vascular Services
- Interventional Cardiology (Cardiac Catheterization)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Emergency Heart & Stroke Care (DASH)
- Vascular Disease Tests & Treatments
- Hybrid Operating Suite
- Diagnostic Tests
- Nuclear Medicine
- Specialty Clinics and Disease Prevention
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Heart Screening
- Pain Care Center
- Valve Clinic
- TAVR - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
In partnership with New York’s Columbia University, Sarasota Memorial offers the most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services in the region.
The collaboration with Columbia University Medical School’s Division of Cardiac Surgery combines the strengths of two proven leaders in cardiovascular care – Sarasota Memorial is ranked among the nation’s top 1 percent of hospitals with 5-star ratings in heart care and more than 20 other specialties. New York's Ivy League Columbia University is ranked among the nation's top academic medical schools and cardiovascular teaching programs. Together, we provide patients in Southwest Florida and beyond greater access to the latest innovations and treatment options in cardiac care.
Patients benefit not only from the expertise of our physicians, but also the combined resources the two programs offer, including:
• 24/7 access to Columbia’s cardiac surgery faculty and vast base of academic knowledge, technology and research for case consultation and program development.
• Access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options for Florida patients who require new cardiac devices and therapies, including the latest minimally invasive and percutaneous treatment options.
• Opportunities for Sarasota Memorial patients and physicians to participate in research initiatives and clinical trials under way in the academic setting.
• Coordinated access to Columbia Medical Center in New York for patients who need procedures not routinely performed at Sarasota Memorial, such as pediatric heart surgery and heart transplants. Sarasota Memorial also can provide coordinated care for New York patients visiting or living part-time in Southwest Florida.
Our team of cardiac, cardiothoracic and vascular specialists has decades of experience in the evaluation and treatment of irregular heartbeats, heart attacks, heart failure, heart surgery and other cardiovascular disorders.
Many have come to us from the best teaching hospitals in the nation – Johns Hopkins, Columbia, Duke, Mayo, Cleveland Clinic, Mass General. Collectively, they perform nearly 1,000 cardiovascular surgeries and more than 5,000 cardiovascular procedures each year … with amazing results. Sarasota Memorial’s superior patient outcomes and quality rankings consistently place us among America’s best and safest hospitals.
Advanced Technology, Advanced Care
Sarasota Memorial offers patients advanced technology and treatment options found only in the nation’s best medical centers:
• Full Cardiac Catheterization Capabilities – including emergency angioplasty for heart attack patients.
• Cardiac, Vascular & Thoracic Surgeons – with subspecialties in single incision, minimally invasive and robotic assisted surgeries
• Interventional & Neurointerventional Radiology – offering carotid angiography & carotid stenting for people too frail to undergo surgery
• Electrophysiology Studies – with advanced mapping and ablation therapies to assess irregular heart beats and cure deadly arrhythmias without surgery.
• Advanced Technology, including state-of-the-art “intelligent operating rooms, “ dedicated robotic surgery suites, neurointerventional radiology, intravascular ultrasound and induced hypothermia for cardiac arrest & stroke patients
• Specialized Cardiac Care Units with advanced practice cardiac nurses and 24/7 telemetry monitoring for patients hospitalized with heart conditions.
Patient Transfers: Easy Access, 24 Hours A Day
Our Transfer Center and specially equipped ambulances – mobile intensive care units – are available 24/7 help ensure cardiac and stroke patients with complex, high-risk conditions are quickly and safely transferred to Sarasota Memorial.
Need a Second Opinion?
If you are experiencing a serious heart condition or want a second opinion on testing or treatment options, the cardiovascular specialists at Sarasota Memorial are here to help. Call our physician referral HealthLine at (941) 917-7777 or browse our online physician directory.