Help in Times of Crisis
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, anxiety, substance
abuse or other mental health needs, we can help. Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Bayside
Center for Behavioral Health is licensed by the Department of Children and Family
Services, accredited by the Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare and Medicaid.
Clinical Assessment Center
Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by
appointment during normal business hours to provide:
- Free clinical assessments.
- Admission to our inpatient program or referral to the appropriate level of care in
- Verification of insurance benefits.
- Connection to free or discounted community resources when insurance or
income is inadequate.
We offer comprehensive inpatient programs for short-term, intensive psychiatric
treatment for adults, adolescents and children. Our approach combines advanced
medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders that
affect interpersonal or occupational functioning. Treatment includes individual, group,
family therapy, and planning for continuing care following hospitalization.
Mental health services for adults, children, adolescents and their families include:
- A nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Acute psychiatric services.
- Senior adult mental health care.
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility.
- 24-hour availability.
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911. For a free clinical assessment, call
941-917-7760 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.