Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
Clinical Assessment Center
If you're not sure where to turn, we can help. Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by appointment during normal business hours to provide:
• Free clinical assessments
• Admission to Bayside’s inpatient program or referral to the appropriate level of care in the community
• Insurance benefits verification
• Linkage to free or discounted community resources (when insurance or income isn't adequate to cover the services needed)
It is often difficult to know where to turn if you or a person you care about is experiencing emotional challenges. Everything from depression or anxiety to substance abuse has its unique set of circumstances for each individual.
Based on more than 75 years of meeting the community's health care needs, Sarasota Memorial Hospital developed Bayside Center for Behavioral Health, a continuum of care for mental health on the Gulf Coast. To best meet patients' needs, we've developed reciprocal referral sources throughout Sarasota County. Bayside Center is licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services, Joint Commission accredited and approved by Medicare and Medicaid. The facility has contracts with a number of third-party payors in Sarasota and surrounding areas.
The Adult Psychiatric Service at Bayside Center offers a comprehensive inpatient program providing short-term intensive psychiatric treatment for adults. Our treatment approach combines advanced medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders, which affect interpersonal or occupational functioning.
The Child and Adolescent Service at Bayside Center offers a comprehensive inpatient service to meet the social and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Treatment includes individual, group, family therapy, and planning for continuing care following hospitalization. Involvement of the family in treatment planning is important and considered an integral part of therapy.
- Mental health services for children, adolescents and their families
- Nurturing, comfortable environment
- Acute adult psychiatric services
- Senior adult mental health care
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility
- Available 24 hours
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 9-1-1. For a free clinical assessment, call (941) 917-7760.